| Student Attendance
Attendance at school is important to all students at Tauhara College. For students to be achieving they need to be in class learning.
One of the strategic goals for the college is having an attendance record of above 90%.
To achieve this, the College has a number of processes in place to ensure data is entered and recorded into our student management system accurately.
As parents and caregivers your role is also important to ensure your child gains the most from their school years.
Points to help with accurate attendance for your child are listed below :
- Ensure your student is at school, on time, on every day possible when the school is open.
- When absent from school, ring in to the office on the day to explain the absence. (The ministry requires a reason for their coding system) Then follow up with a written note to your child’s tutor on return to school within 3 days of their absence.
- Medical certificates and bereavements during school time need to be acknowledged by Deans and office staff.
- Written prior approval for overseas trips needs to be given by the Principal.
- Approval from the Principal needs to be given for known lengths of time out of school.
- If your child is late in the morning, they must sign in at the office and get a chit to take to tutor meeting or class.